Friday, August 28, 2015

August Ipsy Unboxing

I recently received my August Ipsy bag. For those who do not know, Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription service that is completely customized to you. Each month, they send you a themed cosmetic bag filled with  four to five make up items, tools, shampoo, conditioner etc. It is ten dollars American (For Canadians add 4.95 for shipping).


This month's theme was Prep School.

Here is what I got in my August Ipsy bag.

Lord & Berry Lip Color and Liner in nude

I'm never upset when I get a lip colour or lip liner! This lip product is the "wooden pencil" type meaning it will have to be sharpen. This product glided smoothly when I swatched it and it had a great color pay off. I am a little disappointed in the color because I find it a little to brown to be used with the lipsticks I own but I'm sure I will find a use it.

Batiste Dry Shampoo

As much as I have been hatin' on Ipsy for sending me hair products, I was actually happy to receive this. I LOVE Batiste dry shampoo!! I rave about it a lot so I will only say that this dry shampoo does an incredible job of soaking up excess oil and although it does leave some white residue, once you work it into the hair, the residue is gone. I wasn't a huge fan of the floral scent but it grew on me!


Hikari Cosmetics Lip Gloss in Salsa


This lip gloss has incredible pigmentation and the colour is beautiful! It does leave a bit of a stain behind when it is wiped away. This gloss is a very sticky and thick which makes me not like it. The gloss also smells very strongly of plastic.



Jessie's Girl Eye Shadow Primer

I found this eye shadow primer to be a little watery when I first went to use it. After applying it, this primer seemed to fix any discoloration I had on my eyelids and it also did a pretty good job keeping my eye shadow in place and my eye shadow didn't crease.




Pencil Me In Eye Liner in Boysenberry

This liner is the right amount of creamy. It glides across the skin which makes me think it can be smudged easily. I really really really love the colour of this liner, it is like a blue-purple-black all mixed together.


That is everything that came in my Ipsy bag. Overall, I am rating this bag 3 and a half stars out of five because I am excited about the Batiste dry shampoo, the eyeliner and the eye shadow primer. I gave half a star because although I never turn down a lip liner, it's just a little to brown. The lip gloss is a great colour but it is too sticky and smells bad.
Are you a subscriber to Ipsy? What did you get in your August bag? Let me know in the comments below.

If you would like to sign up for Ipsy, please use my link: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1ik8u?sid=ipsypoints&cid=general

Stay beautiful
Sarah

*NOTE: The Ipsy link is an affiliated link. It gets me points that I can redeem for an extra product. Thank you*

No comments:

Post a Comment