Monday, March 13, 2017

Updated Skincare Routine

Throughout October and November I was dealing with a pretty bad skin infection on my face. After a round of antibiotics and two trips to the hospital, the infection finally healed. However, after seeing a dermatologist, I was diagnosed with eczema.

For those that don't know, eczema is a skin condition that causes the skin to go crusty and itchy. Eczema can happen because the skin is dehydrated but stress can also be a factor. Also, eczema can happen anywhere on the body.

This post is not going to be about curing eczema because I am not a doctor but I'll be sharing my routine as it helps keep my skin hydrated!


To remove my makeup, I first use a Quo Eye Makeup remover wipe, just because I always get cleanser in my eyes. I then remove my face makeup with the Boscia Makeup Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil which is my favourite cleansing oil. I have been removing the oil off of my face with these muslin cloths. These cloths are more gentle than regular washcloths, they dry quickly and you can get multiple uses out of them before you have to wash them again. You can purchase these types of cloths from baby stores or the baby section in stores and these cloths come in  some super cute patterns!

After washing all of my makeup off, I spray my face with the Evian Mineral Water. To be honest, I don't know what this water does. All I know is my skin doesn't feel tight or dry after using this product. I also use this Evian water spray anytime my skin feels tight and whenever I feel like my skin needs refreshing.


Once the Evian water has dried on my face, I follow up with a moisturizer. Now, I haven't found a moisturizer that I am in love with. Right now, I really enjoy the Dr. Jart Water Drop and the Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream. I'm currently switching between the two.


If my skin is feeling particularly dry, I do use a facemask for some deep hydration. My current favourite for this is the Origins Drink up Overnight Intensive Mask. I personally don't use this mask over night, I typically leave it on for 30 + minutes and then rinse my face with cold water.

That's it! I don't wash my face in the morning as I find washing my face twice a day makes my skin feel tight and dry.

What products do you use in your skincare routine? Any hydration products you think I should try? Let me know in the comments.

Stay beautiful,
Sarah

*NOTE: The muslin washcloths were sent to me. All opinions expressed above are my own and are 100% honest. Please see my disclaimer for more information.*

No comments:

Post a Comment