Friday, August 15, 2014

Empties + Mini Reviews

Does anyone want to explain to me why you seem to run out of everything at the same time?! Here I am with another Empties Post.


Quo Mini Eye Make Up Remover Pads

These make up remover pads can be found at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada (sorry!) This product removed every little bit of eye make up, even the Maybelline Color Tattoos! These make up remover pads even took off waterproof mascara. They are also a great price, five dollars (Canadian). So far these are working great!
Verdict: Buying more!!

9 to 5 Cleanser by Lush

I talked about this in my last post here. Basically the same opinion applies. However, I am finding that my skin is getting used to this cleanser so I will have to put something else into rotation.
Verdict: Love it but I need to use something else for a bit.



Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in the color Groenland

This was a foil packet sample so I only got one use but this was incredible. It felt like I had nothing on my skin. Although the color was a shade too dark, it still made my skin look amazing. I was super happy with this.
Verdict: I am going to try a sample in my correct color and then I will probably buy the full size.

Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Night Cream

This was a sample size, however, I did get about four uses out of it because you don't need a large amount. I have super dry skin so I was happy to try a product that claimed it provided intense hydration. The claims are true! This cream provided my skin with hydration that surpassed any amount any other cream has ever given me. The two downsides I found with this product was that the smell bothered me and if my skin was having a good day and it wasn't super dry, this cream would make my skin greasy and sticky.
Verdict: I would buy the full size of this cream but only use it on days that my skin is super dry.


Too Faced LashGasm Mascara

I got this mascara in the Too Faced Paparazzi Ready kit. This mascara is a lengthening one. This mascara was great for about a week but after that it was just too clumpy. It also flaked a ton!! It held the curl okay, but I found after wearing it for about two hours my lashes would lose their curl. The brush was also one of the plastic variety which I normally don't enjoy.
Verdict: Over all, I did not like this mascara and I will not be buying the full size.

Essence Get Big! Lashes

I got this mascara for free because I spent over fourteen dollars on Essence products. This was the first mascara I have ever tried from Essence and I didn't like it. This mascara is supposed to provide a "volume boost" to your lashes. It provided this boost for about twenty minutes before it flaked away. It clumped and it didn't hold a curl at all.
Verdict: I will not be repurchasing.


L'Oreal Voluminous Original

Everyone raves about how amazing this mascara is and to be honest, I didn't think it was anything to get excited about. Yes, it gave my lashes volume and it held a curl but it flaked, smudged and smeared. This is the first mascara to ever smudge and smear on me. I even tried it with a lash primer and it continued.
Verdict: I will not be repurchasing.

Dove Go Fresh Revive Anti-perspirant
I  enjoy Dove deodorant and anti-perspirant because I find that it works. However, I did not enjoy this pomegranate and lemon verbena scent. It sort of smelled like body odor the moment you put it on. Gross! I didn't even finish this product.
Verdict: Will repurchase, just not in this scent.





Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 001 Transparent

I was so impressed by this powder. It set my concealer, it didn't cake up on me and it provided great coverage on my super light foundation days. I can't really say it kept me matte because I don't have a problem with oily skin. Over all, I felt like this was a great powder even if you don't have oily skin.
Verdict: Will repurchase once I finish other powders.

So that is all my beauty trash this time. Have you tried any of the products I talked about? What are your thoughts on the products I mentioned?

Stay beautiful,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment