Monday, October 26, 2015

October Ipsy Unboxing

I received my October Ipsy bag. For those who do not know, Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription service that is completely customized to you. Each month, they send you a themed cosmetic bag filled with  four to five make up items, tools, shampoo, conditioner etc. It is ten dollars American (For Canadians add 4.95 for shipping).


This month's theme is Alter Ego. The other side of the bag is black.

Here is what I got

Nourish Organic Argan Face Serum

This is formulated with apricot and rose hip. This serum is supposed to be very hydrating and for normal to dry skin. I tried this on the back of my hand and I found it to be super liquidy, it felt like I poured half the bottle on my hand. This did have a nice scent but I won't be using it.




Beauty without Cruelty Lotion

This is a fragrance free hand and body lotion. This lotion is supposed to moisturize, soften and protect your skin. I don't typically use body lotions, so I will be passing this on to someone who will enjoy it.




The Balm Meet Matt(e) Hughes Liquid Lipstick in Committed

#awkwardswatch
I was super excited to see this in my bag because I have always wanted to try The Balm. This is a nice neutral color. I will say, I am a little disappointed with the size of this product.



Aurora Nail Polish in Inky Dinky


This is a gel effect nail polish. This polish claims to dry fast, is extra shiny and durable and it is supposed to last for two weeks! You get this gel effect without the use of a UV lamp. I really love this navy-purple color, perfect for fall!


Royal & Langnickel Moda Eyeshadow brush

This is just your standard eyeshadow shader brush. The brush handle is water resistant and has a soft grip. This eyeshadow brush has synthetic bristles and can be used for dry or wet eyeshadow application.



I then traded in some points and receive the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint and the Anti Blemish Primer.

That is everything that came in my Ipsy bag. Overall, I am rating this bag 2 and a half stars out of five because I am excited about the Matte Liquid Lipstick and the nail polish. The half star is for the eyeshadow brush because I honestly don't need another brush for eyeshadow. This bag lost the 2 stars because the serum and lotion are not things I will use. I didn't include the Jouer products because it was an extra I chose.

 Are you a subscriber to Ipsy? What did you get in your October bag? Let me know in the comments below.

If you would like to sign up for Ipsy, you can use my link: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1ik8u?sid=ipsypoints&cid=general

Stay beautiful
Sarah

*NOTE: The Ipsy link is an affiliated link. It gets me points that I can redeem for an extra product. Thank you*

No comments:

Post a Comment