Tuesday, September 29, 2015

September Ipsy Unboxing

I FINALLY received my September Ipsy bag. For those who do not know, Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription service that is completely customized to you. Each month, they send you a themed cosmetic bag filled with  four to five make up items, tools, shampoo, conditioner etc. It is ten dollars American (For Canadians add 4.95 for shipping).

I say finally because I had a whole bunch of issues with the billing on this bag.


This month's theme is Face Fashion and I'm really digging the expensive vibe this month's bag has.

Here is what I got

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

We all know I love FAB's Ultra Repair Cream. So I was a little disappointed to get something I already know I love. However, I am happy I got it because I know I will use it all. This repair cream delivers intense hydration to dry parched skin.





Formula X Nail Polish in Ignite

I really love the Formula X nail polishes because I find they last longer on my nails. This color looks like the perfect fall color as it is a red with underlying berry tones. I like that this nail polish doesn't have any shimmer.


NYX eyeshadow palette made for Ipsy

Brown and black are built up
When I saw the preview for this on Instagram, I hoped I would received it. The colours are so gorgeous and they are perfect for a neutral eye. After swatching these shadows, I am really disappointed. The shadows need to be built up to get any sort of color payoff. The colors also come out very chunky.




Trestique Mini Matte Lip Crayon in Nantucket Nude

This lip crayon is amazingly creamy for a matte formula. I was dreading this nude color a bit but seeing it swatched, it looks absolutely beautiful. I am really excited about this product and I may have to order some more.



Not Soap, Radio Hand Cream

I never enjoy receive hand cream because it s product I just don't use enough if at all. This hand cream does have a great scent but I think it would be extremely difficult to use because it doesn't have a spout or pump, you dump it straight from the bottle.





JCat Lipitude in Speak Your Mind

I traded in 500 points for this hydrating lip stain. This lip stain has amazing colour pay off and it has a strong mint scent.






That is everything that came in my Ipsy bag. Overall, I am rating this bag 3  stars out of five because I am excited about the matte lip crayon, the nail polish and the Ultra Repair Cream. This bag lost the 2 stars because the NYX eyeshadow palette has terrible pigmentation and I never like receiving hand creams. I didn't include the Jcat product because it was an extra I chose.

 Are you a subscriber to Ipsy? What did you get in your September bag? Let me know in the comments below.

If you would like to sign up for Ipsy, please use my link: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1ik8u?sid=ipsypoints&cid=general

Stay beautiful
Sarah

*NOTE: The Ipsy link is an affiliated link. It gets me points that I can redeem for an extra product. Thank you*

No comments:

Post a Comment