Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Foundation Stick Face Off

I have been noticing that it has been very popular for companies to create foundation in a stick form.

This form of foundation can be applied directly to the face and then blended with your fingers. This makes the process a lot faster and easier.

So I decided to buy three drugstore brands that have created this form of foundation and pit them against each other to see which one is better or if they are even worth it!



Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick


This is a mid range price at the drugstore. This foundation stick has 9grams worth of product and it is in the shade 110 Porcelain.

This foundation stick is oil free and it comes with a shine free core. This core will whisk away oil. I don't recommend this foundation stick for anyone with dry skin, like me!! I found it clung to dry patches and made them look worse. I also found that this foundation stick did not blend well and I think it was because the anti-shine core would mix with the foundation.

Elf Moisturizing Foundation Stick

This is the cheapest foundation stick. This foundation stick has 14grams worth of product and it is in the shade Ivory.

This foundation stick is very very creamy, which is it's downfall. This foundation is so creamy, I found that it tended to break off the stick as I was applying it to my face, which made a huge mess. I found the packaging to be very hard to turn and it tended to get stuck.  I like that this foundation stick is larger because it covers more surface area.

Revlon Photoready Insta-Fix


This is the most expensive foundation stick. This foundation stick has 6.8grams worth of product and it is in the shade 110 Ivory.

I really liked this foundation stick. I thought it went on with ease and it was very easy to blend in. I also found this one gave the best coverage out of the three. This foundation stick sometimes felt a little dry when applying it.

Overall, I don't think foundations sticks are that great. I think using a liquid or powder foundation would be a lot easier. However, I think foundation sticks would be a good fix for touch ups on the go.

The winner of this Face off is the Revlon Photo Ready Insta-Fix because it was the easiest to blend, had the smallest surface area (great for getting into small areas, like around the nose) and it provided the best coverage.

Have you tired any foundation sticks? What did you think of them? What items would you like to see face off?

Stay beautiful,
Sarah




No comments:

Post a Comment