Monday, May 23, 2016

May Ipsy Unboxing

I recently received my May Ipsy bag. For those who do not know, Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription service that is completely customized to you. Each month, they send you a themed cosmetic bag filled with  four to five make up items, tools, shampoo, conditioner etc. It is ten dollars American (For Canadians add 4.95 for shipping).


This month's theme was Destination Chic! I really like the bag this month! (it also has a snap closure)


Here is what I received

Crazy Rumour HibisKiss Natural Lip Colour in Coral


Apparently this lip colour is supposed to smell like hibiscus flowers...but it smells terrible. Also, this isn't a coral colour, it is more of a bronze shimmery colour.


NoTS 28Remedy Acne Pore Deep Cleanser

I  haven't heard of this brand before but I am interested in trying it. The bubbles in this cleanser are supposed to help clean out pores and hydrate the skin. It is gentle enough to use everyday.

Smashbox X-rated Mascara

This is a volumizing mascara. From what I know, this mascara recently was released, so that is a plus in my books. According to Smashbox, the formula in this mascara is clump, flake and smudge-proof. I can't wait to put those claims to the test.



Aurora Gel Effect Nail Polish in Old School Pink

I have received this brand in an Ipsy before. This nail polish is supposed to be easy to use and dry quickly, like gel polish but without the UV lamp. I'm t a huge fan of the colour and I like that the polish is vibrant and bright -- perfect for summer! It is so bright, my camera had a hard time picking up the colour.

Pacifica Eye Shadow Trio

I have received Pacifica shadows before in Ipsy. The shadows do not have much pigmentation in one swipe and do need to be built up. I think  the shadows are very beautiful though.



Overall, I am rating this bag 3 and a half stars out of 5. I'm very excited about the nail polish, the mascara and the cleanser. The bag received a half star because of the shadows. They are pretty but do not have much pigmentation.  This bag lost a star because of the gross smelling and off colour of the lip product.

Are you a subscriber to Ipsy? What did you get in your May bag? Let me know in the comments below.

 If you would like to sign up for Ipsy, you can use my link: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1ik8u?sid=ipsypoints&cid=general

Stay beautiful
Sarah

*NOTE: The Ipsy link is an affiliated link. It gets me points that I can redeem for an extra product. Thank you*

No comments:

Post a Comment