Thursday, April 2, 2015

ELF Mineral Booster Review

I bought this product a little bit ago. I talked about it in my ELF Haul (here). I have used this product several times and decided to share my thoughts with you all.

This product is can be used to set foundation and concealer or by its self. I bought this product specifically to set me make up with. This powder is also supposed to feel soft and smooth on the skin.




I really like to use my Sephora Setting Powder brush with this product. This is because the brush is flat and it is easier to set my concealer under my eyes.

This product has never made my face look cakey and it has always helped my make up last a bit longer. I like that this powder makes my skin look smooth and my skin does feel softer when I am wearing this.

Close up so you can see the pink color
However, there is some downsides to this product.

Although the color is sheer, the powder has a pink color to it. This pink color does transfer on to the skin. This product does oxidize quickly and a the light dusting of pink powder because orange. I found this out when I had only used this powder under my eyes and they ended up looking orange.

I also am not a huge fan of loose powder and this product is no exception to that. I personally find it very hard to travel with loose powders and sometimes just plain hard to get the right amount of the brush.

Overall, I probably would have not bought this powder if I knew that it oxidize as fast as it does. I also feel like ELF needs to change the color on this product from sheer to pink. I wouldn't recommend this product unless there is some trick to make it work. I need to try this powder by itself and see if that makes a difference.

What is your favorite ELF product? Do you know a way to deal with fast oxidizing powders?

Stay beautiful
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment