Friday, January 8, 2016

Empties - Skin Care Edition

I have accumulated so many empties it isn't even funny. So I've broken them down into categories to help make these posts a little shorter! First up skin care.


Sephora Sheet Masks - Pearl and Green Tea

I did a whole post dedicated to these masks (here). The pearl mask is supposed to perfect and brighten the skin and it really did make my dull skin brighter. The Green tea mask is mattifying and anti-blemish and it lives up to its claims. I also find the green tea one helps with redness as well.

Nivea Gentle Toner

This toner is formulated for dry and sensitive skin (they do have ones formulated for oily skin as well!) I find that this toner really hydrates and soothes my skin. I have found that this really helps to calm my skin down as well.





Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins

I received this in a 500 point perk from Sephora. First off, I was super happy with the size of this sample as it was 1 oz. - almost full size considering the full size is 1.7 oz. This moisturizer describes it self as a mineral rich renewal cream and I have to agree! it is super thick so a little goes a long way and it smells like citrus fruit! I found that this really helps to soothe my skin and get rid of any dry patches I have.

Clinique Custom Repair Serum

This is a completely new discover and I am super happy I found it. This serum responds to what your skin needs so anyone can use this. it is also 100% fragrance free. I have noticed that this product has completely changed my skin - it makes it feel softer, evens out my skin tone while also toning down the redness. A little goes a long way with this product, which is really good because this product is expensive!

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

When I saw this product, I was stoked to try it out as a face moisturizer hoping it would help my dry skin. I hated this on my face as it felt super heavy to me BUT using this as a body moisturizer is the best thing ever! This product is formulated as intense hydration for dry parched skin. I have repurchased the smaller size of this product as this tub was a little too much for me.

Garnier Makeup Removing Lotion Cleanser

I loved this product! This cleanser is made for sensitive skin (they do have ones for oily and combo skin!) This cleanser gently removes makeup while calming and comforting the skin. It also apparently removes waterproof mascara but I haven't tried this on my eyes. This cleanser is formulated to be applied to dry skin and then rinsed clean. I did repurchase this product in the gel cleanser form and I don't like it as much as the lotion version.

Caudalie Beauty Elixir

This product really helps to soothe my skin. I spray this product before my moisturizer at night and I also use it whenever my skin feels tight or uncomfortable under makeup. I will say this product has a really strong smell (it's not terrible but it is not great), I only smell it when I am spraying it on.

GlamGlow ThristyMud Hydrating Treatment

This was a little sample I got in a Sephora skin care pack. I LOVE this product. I typically use this product when my skin is feeling extra dry (aka Canadian winters) or if I wore a matte foundation. I apply a even layer and let it stay on my skin for awhile (usually 15-30 minutes). A Sephora employee told me you can also wear this mask overnight. This mask also smells like coconut to me. I don't think I'll ever purchase the full size because of how expensive it is, but I will purchase the travel sizes.



Garnier Eye Roller

I don't have much to  say about this product except for it felt really cooling on the eyes and that the ball worked great. I'm not sure it really de-puffed my under eyes like it claims to do.


First Aid Beauty Eye Duty

This product is supposed to brighten, depuff and smooth the under eyes. This product did brighten as the product is a salmon pink color. I don't think it de-puffed but the metal applicator did feel great and I'm not sure about smoothing. My biggest issues with this product is that it was very hard to control how much product you got. Where the product came out is right near the metal applicator so sometimes I would be smoothing the product out and accidentally squeeze more product out.

ELF Makeup Removing Cleansing Cloths

This makeup wipes are a great value and they do an incredible job. I didn't use these cloths on my eyes but they did remove face makeup wonderfully. These cloths also didn't dry my skin out which was great.


Boscia Makeup- Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil

This product has to be one of my favorite cleanser ever. This product is very gentle but it deep cleans literally dissolving makeup. I also love that this product doesn't leave an oily residue.




ELF Mineral Mist

When I ran out of the Caudalie Beauty Elixir, I decided to use this. This mist is supposed to replenish and revitalize skin.  This product did none of that. This mist actually made my skin drier and because of this I barely finished this product.

That is all my skincare empties! What product have you finished up recently?

Stay Beautiful,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment