Monday, January 25, 2016

January Ipsy Unboxing

I received my January Ipsy bag. For those who do not know, Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription service that is completely customized to you. Each month, they send you a themed cosmetic bag filled with  four to five make up items, tools, shampoo, conditioner etc. It is ten dollars American (For Canadians add 4.95 for shipping).


This month's theme was all eyes on you.


Here is what I received

Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

I was not excited to see this in my bag as it is a product you can pick up in the travel items section at Walmart. This lotion is supposed to relive dry skin and moisturize the skin for 24 hours. I will be passing this product along to my mom who seemed more excited about it than me.



OFRA Universal Eye Brow Pencil

Swatch of eye brow pencil
I have been dying to try OFRA cosmetics  ever since I read about their liquid lipsticks. This eye brow pencil looks to be a shade that would match me. I personally think it might be too dark for people with light coloured hair. When swatched, it felt creamy and it looked very pigmented. To be honest, I was a little sad it wasn't a liquid lipstick but I think this eye brow pencil will be nice!


Swatch of Mink
Hikari Cream Pigment in Mink

I am super excited about this product! I love love love the colour. When I first saw it I thought it was going to be more grey but I was pleasantly surprised when I swatched it and it was more of a champagne/bronze colour. This product is very pigmented and very creamy.


Beau Gachis Smudge brush

I really like that Ipsy included a eye brush with my eye shadow. This smudge brush feels very soft. What I personally like is it is not super dense so it could be used as a blending brush or even a crease brush.





The Balm Mr. Write (Now) in Jac

Swatch of Jac
I haven't tried much from The Balm so when I saw I was getting an eyeliner I was excited. This liner is very pigmented and it did smudge easily. The colour is more bronze than gold. The bottom of the pencil pulls off and becomes a sharpener, which is very handy.



Swatch of Nammos Pink
I also redeemed some of my points for the treStique Mini Matte Lip Crayon in Nammos Pink. This product is very pigmented and it is a very bright pink.





Overall, I am rating this bag 4 stars out of 5. I'm very excited about the OFRA eyebrow pencil, The Balm eyeliner, the Hikari pigment and the eye shadow brush. This bag lost a star because of the Aveeno lotion. However, I'm glad to pass it along to someone who will use it. I didn't include the matte lip crayon as that was an extra product I picked myself.

Are you a subscriber to Ipsy? What did you get in your January bag? Let me know in the comments below.

 If you would like to sign up for Ipsy, you can use my link: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1ik8u?sid=ipsypoints&cid=general

Stay beautiful
Sarah

*NOTE: The Ipsy link is an affiliated link. It gets me points that I can redeem for an extra product. Thank you*

No comments:

Post a Comment