Monday, January 12, 2015

January Ipsy Unboxing

I recently received my January Ipsy bag. For those who do not know, Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription service that is completely customized to you. Each month, they send you a themed cosmetic bag filled with  four to five make up items, tools, shampoo, conditioner etc. It is ten dollars American (For Canadians add 4.95 for shipping). Here is what I got in my January Ipsy bag.







This month's theme was Fresh Start




Pacifica Natural Coconut Mineral eye shadow in Ethereal

This is supposed to be a rich, lasting eye shadow which is infused with coconut to create a velvety finish. This is a full size eye shadow. I really enjoy the color, I think it would be perfect for an inner corner or brow bone highlight. I don't see the velvety finish but overall I am impressed.






Coastal Scents liquid eyeliner in Jet

This is a fine tipped eyeliner. The tip is pretty stiff making it easier to create a wing. The color is super black. When I swatched this, it dried quickly and it was hard to remove.  This liner claims to be smudge proof and fade proof. Overall, I am excited to try this product.





Velvet 59 Lip Gloss in Noisette

In the tube this gloss looks like a dusty pink but when switched on my hand it looks almost brown. This gloss has a brush tip applicator which works alright. This product is very sticky and has a sheer wash of color. However, I noticed that the color would disappear, making the gloss clear. This is a full size product and I am not impressed.





Eco-beauty Good day. Day Moisturizer

This is a "highly natural" moisturizer. This product claims to provide ample hydration. And helps to bring back fresher and happier skin appearance. This moisturizer has collagen-producing ingredients which helps reduce fine lines. I am a little hesitant to try this product because of my sensitive skin.




Hey Honey Take It Off

This is an exfoliating honey peel off mask. I love peel off masks so I was very excited to try this product. This is a 15 minute mask that brightens and smooths the skin. This mask does claim to be safe for all skin types.







That is everything that came in my Ipsy bag. Overall, I am rating this bag a solid three stars out of five because I am excited about the eyeliner, the peel off mask and the eye shadow. I'm not liking the moisturizer because I am afraid that my skin will react to it. I am also not liking the lip gloss because of the sticky formula and the disappearing color. Also, I did enjoy that three out of the five products were full size. Are you a subscriber to Ipsy? What did you get in your January bag? Let me know in the comments below

If you would like to sign up for Ipsy, please use my link: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1ik8u?sid=ipsypoints&cid=general

Stay beautiful
Sarah

*NOTE: The Ipsy link is an affiliated link. It gets me points that I can redeem for an extra product. Thank you*

No comments:

Post a Comment