Friday, January 16, 2015

Rimmel Argan Oil Mascara Review

I recently tried the Rimmel Argan Oil mascara and decided to share my thoughts with you about this product.

When I heard about this product, I had high hopes that this would be a dupe for the Josie Maran Argan Oil mascara. The Josie Maran mascara is 26 dollars Canadian, the Rimmel mascara is 10 dollars Canadian at the drugstore (it's probably cheaper at Walmart).






I like that this mascara was a very black formula, I got it in 003 Extreme Black. This mascara formula also didn't smudge underneath my eyes. I did however, find this formula to be more on the wet side. It did become "goopy" around the tip of the mascara brush. The product packaging claimed that this mascara would stay clump free... it had clumps.

This mascara held a curl for about six to eight hours, (I use the Tarte eyelash curler). I also found this mascara added a lot of volume to my lashes but not much length. I even used my Clinique lash building primer underneath it and I didn't get that much length out of it.

I did like this mascara, but it is (sadly) not a dupe for the Josie Maran one. If you are looking for a mascara that is good for your lashes, adds a ton of volume and is a drugstore item, this is the mascara for you!


Have you tried this mascara? Have you tried the Josie Maran one? How do you feel about this argan oil trend? Let me know in the comments down below.

Stay beautiful
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment