Monday, September 8, 2014

Drugstore Haul

I recently popped into my local drug store to pick up a few favorite products that I was running low on. Since there was so many good sales, I decided to pick up some items I have always wanted to try. I will only be sharing the new items I picked up because the rest is all items I have talked about many times. On to the haul.

Maybelline Dream Wonder Liquid Touch Foundation in 10 Porcelain Ivory

I have heard mixed reviews on this product but decided to buy it. I have tried this three times and so far I like it. The color is a perfect match to my skin tone and it blends really easily. I do find it is a light coverage but it can be built up. I have also found the best way to apply this product is by using your finger to dot it on your skin, use a damp beauty blender and stipple the product to get a good amount of coverage. The only negative comment I can make about this product so far, I don't enjoy using my finger to apply this product, it's just personal preference.


Essence Stay Matt Lip Cream in Smooth Berry

I was drawn to this product while shopping. This bold red color caught my eye and the fact that it was a great price (a dollar Canadian). This lip cream smells like vanilla but not too strong where it gets annoying. This product does dry matte and stay matte. It is a little drying on the lips like all matte lip products are and I do find I have to reapply often. This lip cream is from the summer collection and will soon not be available in stores.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Very Fair

I have yet to try this product but it sounds like it will be perfect for under the eyes. This concealer is supposed to be full coverage and it is supposed to reawaken and illuminate. This concealer also claims to have an anti-fatigue effect.



Essence Kajal Pencil in Beach Bum

 I grabbed this product because it looked like a fun color. This kajal pencil is supposed to be used for high precision application and it is also supposed to be long lasting. When I swatched this product for the picture, I found it to be very dry and it kind of tugged at my skin. This eyeliner is from the summer collection and will soon not be available in stores.



Rimmel Exaggerate Lip liner in 63 East End Snob

This is the perfect pinky nude. I saw Nicole Guerriero wearing this in one of her videos and went on the hunt looking for it. It becomes matte on my lips and it is a tad drying but it doesn't really come off. It also looks very gorgeous on.




Essence Eye shadow in Peach Beach

This eye shadow has a holographic effect according to the compact (whatever that means?). This is a beautiful soft peach shade. This eye shadow is super soft and buttery, but it does have a bit of fall out. This shadow is from the summer collection and will soon not be available in stores.

Essence Eye Shadow in Strawberry Ice Cream

This eye shadow has a shimmer effect but it is not overly shimmery to me. This eye shadow is super soft and buttery but it does have some fall out. This is a perfect icy pink shade which I think would look amazing as an inner corner highlight.



Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

I have just started getting into this eyebrow trend, so I bought this gel to try. This gel does not pack onto the brush and it is really easy to run through your brows. It sets in just seconds and it keeps every hair in place.



Swatch of Strawberry Ice Cream Eye Shadow

Swatch of Beach Bum Kajal Eye Pencil

Swatch of East End Snob Rimmel Lip Liner

Swatch of Peach Beach Eye Shadow

Swatch of Smooth Berry Matte Lip Cream


That is everything I bought on this trip to the drugstore. What have you recently purchased at the drug store? Also, What products do you use to fill in your brows?

Stay beautiful
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment