Monday, September 1, 2014

Empties + Mini Reviews


Apparently I have just been using all my products up. I have a new empties post for all of you. Lets go through my beauty trash and I will tell you whether I enjoyed the product or not. Here we go.
I used to love this mascara for giving my eyelashes that false lash look. I still believe that this mascara is easily in my top five favorite mascaras, it just isn't that first one I grab any more. This bottle actually dried out because I didn't use it (oops). This mascara doesn't hold a curl great but it gives your lashes amazing length and separation.
The Verdict: I will most likely purchase this item in the future.
This is the first mini bottle I've used up and I think I have found my new favorite dry shampoo. This is stuff is amazing. It sucks up all the excess oil but it doesn't leave a huge white mark in my hair. This dry shampoo also rubs in easily and it literally disappears. This is the original clean scent and it smells amazing. I have a second mini bottle of this scent that I can't wait to use.
The Verdict: I will continue to repurchase this product. It is one of my favorites.



Too Faced Primed and Poreless
This is a skin primer similar to Benefit's Porefessional. I got this sample size in a Too Faced value set I bought which sadly isn't available any more and I got about four uses out of it. Like I said  before, I don't have large pores so I don't typically buy these types of products, but if I have a sample I will use them so they don't go to waste. I will say this product did make my face smoother so it was easier to apply my make up.
The Verdict: I won't purchase this product for the poreless aspect but maybe for a smoother application of my makeup.
I believe I got this in the same value pack as the primer. When I first started using this mascara, I really liked it. It held a curl well, it added more volume and length and it separated my lashes. However, after about two weeks this mascara started clumping and flaking, which made not like it. I have heard that sometimes the sample mascaras aren't as good as the full size. With that being said, I am not sure I am willing to take the risk and purchase the full size.
The Verdict: I might try the full size. I am not 100 per cent sure yet.
I hauled this mascara back in June and I accidentally grabbed the waterproof version. This mascara held a curl for the whole day and it added length. I found this mascara flaked so much and it clumped my lashes together, making it look like I only had one huge eyelash. I wasn't impressed with this mascara and I actually didn't finish it, I just got so fed up with it flaking into my eye that I decided it was trash.
The Verdict: I won't be repurchasing this product.

I got this sample with a Sephora order and I got two uses out of it. I have actually fallen in love with this product because it really works. I have extremely dry skin and this product delivers intense hydration but it is gentle at the same time, which is also perfect for my sensitive skin.
The Verdict: I have bought the full size of this product and I will continue to purchase.
Wand on L'Oreal Butterfly
I enjoyed this mascara. The unique wand shape actually helped to fan out my lashes. It held a curl okay and it wasn't very clumpy. The downside to this mascara is one coat just gives a little bit of length but if you try to build up the length with a second coat, your lashes get all clumpy.
The Verdict: I will most likely not be repurchasing this product.

This mascara gives amazing volume and curl to your lashes. This product is also super cheap at 2.97 Canadian. The major problems I encountered while using this product is the fact that it smudged and it flaked like crazy. These flakes of mascara would get all over my face and in my eyes... not a fan.
The Verdict: Although it is a good price, I will not be repurchasing this mascara.

Although this product is not completely empty, I decided to include it because I do not like this product. I find this powder cakes on my face so easily doesn't matter how little I use. I also do not like the texture of it.
The Verdict: I will not be buying this powder.

Well that is all my beauty empties. I feel like I should have called this the mascara battle because I had a ton of mascaras in here. What products have you used up? What are your thoughts on some of the products I mentioned?
Stay beautiful
Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment