Monday, November 17, 2014

November Ipsy Unboxing

I recently received my November  Ipsy bag. For those who do not know, Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription service that is completely customized to you. Each month, they send you a themed cosmetic bag filled with  four to five make up items, tools, shampoo, conditioner etc. It is ten dollars American (For Canadians add 4.95 for shipping). Here is what I got in my November Ipsy bag.



This month's theme is Girl Meets Glitter







Swatch of Submissive
Be a Bombshell Eye Base in Submissive

This product reminds me a lot of the Maybelline Color Tattoos (especially Bad to the Bronze), except this one is not as pigmented and it is slightly more glittery. This product is very creamy and did blend nicely when I swatched it. I believe this is a full size product. I really enjoy the color of this product but it is similar to Bad to the Bronze by Maybelline, which I already have, so this item is being passed along to my mom.


Comparison swatch of (left) Bad to the Bronze and (right) Submissive
You can see that Bad to the Bronze is a more pigmented and has a more warm tone to it.


Swatch of Pink Pearl



Temptu Highlighter in Pink Pearl

I have never heard of this brand before. This highlight is beautiful. It has a gorgeous pink sheen to it which is my favorite color for highlights especially in the colder months. I love that this product can be very sheer or built up for a more dramatic highlight. I am very impressed with this product.





Swatch of Red Potion

JCat Wonder Lip Paint in Red Potion

I have heard of this brand but I have never tried anything from it. This is a beautiful reddish berry color for fall. I believe this is a full size product. This product is similar to the OCC Lip Tars. This product has a glossy finish to it and it does stain the lips. Over all I am glad I received this product.







Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Hair Spray

I have heard of this brand and I have tried some items for it as well. This is the only product I am a little bummed out about receiving simple because I don't use hair spray. The packaging claims that this product provides extra hold and it is fast drying. I am passing this product along.



Swatch of Ultra Orchid

Starlooks Gem Pencil in Ultra Orchid

I have heard of this brand as well but I have never tired anything. This eyeliner pencil is super creamy and has great pigmentation. I really enjoy the purple color and the little fleck of glitter just adds to it. I think this pencil will be perfect for around the holidays. This is a full size product.  When I swatched this product, I did notice it smudged a bit but I haven't tested it on my eyes yet. Overall, I am happy with it.


That is everything that came in my Ipsy bag. Overall, I am rating this bag a four and a half stars out of five because I am excited about the eyeliner, the lip paint and the highlighter. I really like the eye base but it is too close of a color match to Bad to the Bronze, but I know if I kept it, I would love it. The hairspray is the only thing I'm not liking simply because I don't use hairspray, but I know my mom will enjoy it. Are you a subscriber to Ipsy? What did you get in your November bag?

If you would like to sign up for Ipsy, please use my link: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1ik8u?sid=ipsypoints&cid=general

Stay Beautiful
Sarah

*NOTE: The Ipsy link is an affiliated link. It gets me points that I can redeem for an extra product. Thank you*

No comments:

Post a Comment