Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Give Me Some Lip Swatches and Review

I wrote about the Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip pack in my Sephora Holiday Kits; Part One (here). I did purchase this kit and have decided to share the swatches of all of the lip products included, pictures and of course an honest opinion on the set.

This is a 17 piece set that includes lipsticks, glosses, balms and treatments in nudes, berries, reds and pink shades. This kit is 70 dollars Canadian.
The set includes;
- bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Speak Your Mind. This lipstick is an everyday pink. It is a very creamy and smooth gliding lipstick.










- Benefit Cosmetics Hydrating Tinted Lip Balm in PosieBalm. This is a very light peach colored tinted lip balm. It does feel very hydrating on the lips. I did do a couple swipes to get the color to be seen in the photo.

Bite Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick in Palomino. This is a bright pink shade. I love Bite Beauty products and this lipstick does not disappoint. This product is very creamy and has great color payoff. 








- Buxom Mini Full Bodied lipstick in Menace. This is a deep berry shade. This lipstick can be built up to create a super bold berry shade or it can be sheered out to create a light wash of color.

- Fresh Sugar Berry Tinted Lip Treatment. I already love this tinted lip treatment. I wrote about this product in my Fall Makeup Shake Up (here).









- Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Icon. This is a bold red. I love the flat applicator on this product and I really like this bold color.

- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw . This is a beautiful bright red color. I really like that is product is easy to apply, as it goes on like a gloss, but it has the staying power and color payoff of a lipstick.







- Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in Blush. This is a nice nude color. I personally do not like Laura Mercier glosses because I find them to be too sticky feeling.

- Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Red Armor. This is a classic red shade. I enjoy that this product can be built up to a beautiful bold red or sheered out for a hint of color on the lips.  







- Make Up For Ever Waterproof Lip Liner Pencil in 3C. This is a nude color, I find it to be more on the brown-nude side. This lip liner is super creamy and it glides on very smoothly.

- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Black Dahlia Lip Tar: Matte Test Tube. This is a deep bold berry shade. This product does dry matte. A little bit of this product goes a long way.








- Sephora Collection Rouge Infusion in 10. This is a deep red shade. I like the applicator on this product and this product also stains the lips.

- Stila Stay All Day Vinyl Lip Gloss in Nude Vinyl. This is a very deep nude. I have the same complaint about this gloss as I did with the Laura Mercier one, it is just too sticky for me. I do really enjoy the applicator on this gloss.







- Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint in Moody. This is a deep berry shade. I love these lip tints as the add a tiny amount of color. I enjoy the tiny amount of color because, you can wear colors you don't normally wear without feeling awkward. This lip product is perfect for fall!

- Tarte Lipsurgence Power Pigment in Flush. This is a bright berry shade. This product is full size! This adds more color than the LipSurgence Lip Tint and this product also adds hydration to your lips.








- Too Faced Cosmetics La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream in Naked Dolly. This lipstick is the perfect nude color. Also, like the name suggests, this product is super creamy, it just glides onto the lips.   

- Too Faced Cosmetics Melted Liquefied Long Wear lipstick in Melted Fuchsia. This is a bright pink color. The applicator is a foam tip which is very different. This lipstick is a long wearing product.











Swatches: 
Laura Mercier; Blush

Bare Minerals; Speak Your Mind
Benefit; Poisebalm
Buxom; Menace - Sheer and Bold
Fresh; Sugar Berry
Hourglass; Icon
Kat Von D; Outlaw
Laura Mercier; Red Armor - Sheer and Bold
MUFE; 3C

Bite; Palomino - Sheer and Bold.
OCC; Black Dahila
Sephora; 10
Stila; Nude
Tarte Lip Tint; Moody
Tarte Power Pigment; Flush
Too Faced Lip Cream; Naked Dolly
Too Faced Liquid Lipstick; Melted Fuchsia

There is one full size product in this kit but the rest are all great sizes as well. I love that this kit has all the different colors; nudes, pinks, berries and reds, but I also love all the different tones among the products. I like how this kit includes different brands but I do wish there was a bit more variety. I also wish the glosses were not as sticky. Overall, I do really like this kit, I probably wouldn't spend 70 dollars on it again, but it is a good kit to give to a lip product addict or to purchase for yourself to try different brands, formulas or colors.

Will you be purchasing this kit, either for yourself or as a gift? Have you tried any of these products? How did you like them?

Stay beautiful
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment