Friday, February 6, 2015

Maybelline The Smokes Palette Review

I picked this Maybelline The Smokes palette up at my local drugstore for 14.99 dollars Canadian. I have been calling this the sister palette the Maybelline's first palette called The Nudes.

The Smokes palette has cooler toned shadows and looks like the perfect palette to create a Smokey eye.

I am in love with the pink and purple shades this palette contains. The palette also has both shimmer and matte shadows.

I have yet to dip a brush into this palette but as you can tell from my swatches below it looks like dark colors are going to give you more pigmentation than the lighter colors. You can barely see the sparkly champagne color and the pink color I swatched.

Can kind of see the champagne & pink (left)


All Shadows Swatched


The shadows are a bit of fallout but nothing crazy.  Like the first one, this palette is divided up into quads, trios and duos.

Overall, I think this is a great cool toned palette from the drugstore and it will be the perfect pair to the Nudes palette.

However, if you enjoy extremely pigmented shadows then I would pass on this.


Stay beautiful,
Sarah

* Maybelline does not have this product listed on their website, so I could not link it*

No comments:

Post a Comment