Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Drugstore Haul

With Target Canada Closing (moment of silence), everything has been on sale to clear the stores out. I decided this was the perfect time to pick up some products that I have had my eye on. There is also one product in this Haul from Walmart that I will be mentioning.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation in 010 Light Porcelain

This foundation is a skin perfecting, full coverage foundation. This product has been enhanced with comfort serum to make this foundation feel comfortable on the skin. This product claims to last all day and be heat, sweat, humidity and transfer proof for up to 25 hours. I rarely (never) wear a full coverage foundation but decided that I need one in my make up pile for those "I need coverage asap" days. This full coverage caught my eye because it has this comfort serum mixed in. I have worn this foundation once already and I am liking it. I will write a full review when I have worn it more and put it to the test.

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in 110 Ivory

I knew nothing about this foundation when I put it in my basket. I assumed it was a very light weight foundation. This foundation is " the ultimate lightweight foundation". This product is formulated with weightless pigments that are supposed to make this foundation melt into the skin. It is supposed to create a fresh, even complexion, covering flaws and perfecting the skin tone and texture.


Nyx Above and Beyond Full Coverage Concealer in Fair

This concealer is supposed to provide full coverage all while being light weight and crease free. This concealer is able to cover dark circles and blemishes. What I like about this product is it comes in a variety of skin tone shades as well as color correcting tones.



Nyx Butter Gloss in Peach Cobbler

I have no idea what took my so long to jump on this band wagon. I am sad I didn't purchase these lip glosses sooner because I had a very limited ( READ 3) color selection, peach cobbler was my favorite. I love that this lip gloss is buttery but not sticky. The coverage of this product can be a sheer but can also be built up to a medium coverage. I also like that I can use this gloss over any lipstick easily. Peach Cobbler is a red-orange shade which I think will be perfect for summer.

Nyx Concealer Stick in Porcelain

This concealer stick is supposed to cover blemishes, fine lines and any skin issues. This product is creamy and is waterproof. The formula of this concealer is made to blend easily with fingers, a makeup sponge or a brush, all while appearing natural. This product is also supposed to provide medium to full coverage. This concealer also comes in the skin tone shades as well as the color correcting shades.


Sonia Kashuk Duo Fiber Fan Brush Number 129

I have been looking for a fan brush forever now. Fan brushes are very good for highlighting the cheek bones. Instead of highlight, I am using this brush to apply my setting powder. I watched Amelia on YouTube use a fan brush to lightly dust on her setting powder. This technique will work because it will evenly distribute the product without making you look cakey.

L'Oreal Micellar Water for Dry and Sensitive Skin

This is the one and only product I bought at Walmart. According to the bottle this is a new product for L'Oreal. This gentle micellar water removes make up and soothes the skin, there is no need for rubbing or rinsing. This product is suitable for removing make up from eyes, face and lips. Since this product is for sensitive skin it contains no fragrance and it is hypoallergenic. I have used this product to remove my makeup and it did a great job. However, I will be using this product when I wake up to speed up my getting ready process.

That is everything I picked up from Target Canada. What drugstore make up items have you recently purchased?

Stay beautiful
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment