Monday, February 9, 2015

Valentines Day Nails

So Valentines Day is on Saturday. This week's post will be dedicated to all things Valentines day. I decided to start with the nails.

I am using Sephora's Formula X Nail Polishes, they are mini because they are point perks. I find this nail system works the best with my nails, but please use whatever polishes you feel comfortable with or that work for you.

The Tools; Formula X The System, Formula X nail polishes in the colors A+ and Invincible, a dotting tool or toothpick or nail art stickers. A+ is a raspberry color and Invincible is a cream color. Any pink/red color and any white/cream color will work.

I got the nail stickers at my local drugstore, they are by Essence, I will link to them here.

I can't remember where I got the dotting tool but you can get this one at Sephora or this one off of Amazon.

I am following the Formula X the system steps, applying the nail cleanser first, then base coat, then color, then top coat. But do what you are most comfortable with.

Once I have applied my base color, in my case A+, I am going to wait for it to completely dry. Then taking your cream/white shade, in my case Invincible, and your dotting tool/toothpick, place your dotting tool into the cream polish.

On your nail create two dots side by side. Then drag the polish down to form a V shape, this will make your heart. This guide has better pictures than the ones I took.

Your nails should look something like this

Finish your manicure off with a top coat.

Now if you are like me and cannot use your non dominant hand for anything, then nail art stickers will be your best friend.

Once your base coat color is dry, place your ails art stickers. I placed mine on my ring finger.

Your nails should look something like this

Finish your manicure off with a top coat.

If you would like to try your hand (see what I did there?) on harder designs, I highly suggest checking out Sandi, from Cutepolish.

Are you into nail art? What is your favorite design to create? Let me know in the comments below.

Stay beautiful,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment