Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Liquid Liner Line Up

I decided to start a new series about liquid liner. Everyone want to find a good liquid liner that has great pigmentation, has a great tip on it, is easy to use and when it comes down to it works! I've picked up a ton of liquid liner over the course of a couple months and I have tried a few great ones, a few "meh" ones and a few bad ones. This series will take you through the good, the bad and the ugly. These liners will be a mix of high end and drugstore in both posts.
I'm starting the series off with the bad ones.

Now I'm calling these liners bad because they didn't fit the criteria I listed above. This is just my honest opinion on what works for me.

ELF Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

The color payoff on this liner is incredible.  What I didn't like about this liner is the tip. It is a felt tip liner, which I personally find harder to use and the very tip of the liner is very flimsy. This makes it even more difficult to get a precise winged liner look. I also find that flimsy tips make it very hard to create a straight line as well. This liner also smudges so easily and its not waterproof at all.
- > The ELF website does list this product as new, so I am wondering if they changed the formula since I got mine

Maybelline Master Precise Liner

This is also has great color payoff but aging the felt tip is very flimsy. This makes it very had to have control over the liner and be precise with the liner. I also found the tip to be uber long. If you were just going to use this liner to line your eyes with out creating a wing, this liner would be good.

NYC Big Bold and Precise Felt Tip Liner


I bought this liner because I was hearing that the slanted tip makes it super easy to create a wing. That is not the case at all. Since the tip is slanted it is very hard to control how thick of a line you want. I also find the color payoff this liner had to be spotty and it didn't last long.

Skone Tattooed Liner

This liner is a felt tip liner that claims to smudge proof. I swatched this liner on my hand and about a half an hour later it had smudged all over. I also find the tip to be very hard to work with as it doesn't have enough give to it. I also found this liner didn't have good color payoff, it almost looked grey.




That is all the liquid liners that I haven't had much luck with. Stay tuned for the liners that I would recommend. What liquid liners have you tried and didn't like?

Stay beautiful
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. My holy grail all-time favourite makeup item and basically the foundation behind my signature look is the Physicians Formula Eye Booster liquid liner pen. I've literally not been without one in at least four years! You should definitely try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually bought one and have tried it! A review is coming up on it :)

      Delete